Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Creative Wednesday...

Happy Wednesday,

Today its my turn for the Creative Expressions design team blog and this month we were asked to use some of the beautiful new framed sentiment stamps that Julia showcased on C&C at the end of last month.  Now you know me I am a sucker for a sentiment yet it is hard to find a way to showcase these on some of my cards.  Therefore I came up with this folding card (yes it is becoming a bit of a habit at the moment making folding and kinetic cards again!) which allowed me to use the beautiful frame and four, yes four, different sentiments!



I started by cutting the centre sentiment out from the centre of the Filigree Frame stamp using my scalpel ( at college we were taught to use a scalpel as a craft knife and I have managed to keep mine going for the last 15 years or so!)  So that I had the frame and sentiment separately.  Next I stamped the frame four times using perfect medium onto Kraft Card and heat embossed it with detail black embossing powder.

I then added these to a piece of black card that I measured and folded in 4 pieces that were slightly larger than the frames.  I cut the stamped images out using spellbinders matting basics set b using the largest and smallest of the dies in the set.  I then cuts matching centre hole, using the same die, in the centre of the black folds (I hope this makes sense!)  The measurements of the folds are at 11cm intervals as the stamp is 10.5cm when cut.

To make the folded piece through the middle I cut a long strip of card and folded this at 11cm intervals.  I folded the first and last piece in half and stamped the range of sentiments, from the friends sentiments set from Creative Expressions, on each panel.  Finally I adhered the first piece and the last piece to the back of the card / frames after folding the piece through.

As you can hopefully see from the pictures how you display or fold this card different sentiments are shown, perhaps allowing for poems or messages!

Ingredients:
Filigree Frame stamp (CE Singles range)
Kraft Foundation card
Friends sentiments stamp set (CE)
Detail Black embossing powder.

I have made a box for this one which I believe is visible on the Creative Expressions blog so click HERE to be transferred!  As usual I would love it if you could leave a comment on their blog as well!  There's also loads of news and a great Friday Freebie competition available on the Creative Expressions Facebook page click HERE to have a look and come Friday win some free stuff!

Enjoy...

P.S. I will show you all the box and Hopefully instructions on Saturday as I have held back a few boxes to showcase!

26 comments:

  1. Morning John,
    Another Awesome, Beautiful Card I'm in awe of you when I click onto your wonderful Blog I have started to spread the word around about your Blog mentioning yourself at my Craft Class, Today's Card is Fabulous I Just Love the Stunning Colours together and the Frame Stamp, I'm going to try and have a go at this using scrap then and if I suceed I will use good Card etc: I really hope you show the instructions of The Card on Saturday as I'm not the quickest Crafter so I like to follower something.
    Hugs from Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John this card is amazing what a fantastic way to use all the sentiments like that. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John. This is amazing. Think I've got it in my head how to make it but would love written down instructions to follow for when I'll inevidently go wrong!
    Just been over to Creative expressions and WOW what a beautiful box to go with it.
    Hope you had a great birthday.
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning John,
    Wow! a wonderful design, you are such a clever man coming up with these wonderful cards. Stunning.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh up John
    This is certainly one of the the most elegant types of this card I have seen. Reminds me of an ornate screen. The frame stamps are lovely as are the sentiments.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card John, love the design, looks very intricate.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design, looks fab, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card John - do I understand that you made the card from one sheet of A4, or is it longer than that? Only asking, as I don't know the size of the stamp.

    You are so inventive when it comes to cutting and folding, I just seem to make a mess, though I can cut card accurately, my folds never look right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you are making it very hard for us to try your card style, they are becoming SOooo complex, but also SOooooo stunning.
    Keep it up
    Cheers
    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John,
    another really superb creation today.
    Love your fab design as I usually do.
    Just trying to play catch up with my comments, as I have missed a few days.
    Crafty Regards. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is some card a stunning creation .Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have made several attempts to leave you a comment ,on C.E. blog,that system that you have to type two words,and will not accept the answer.It is very frustrating.
    Ita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello John, Beautiful card, ove the colours love everything about it, it's a great inspirational cards for men's/boys cards. Thank you Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic card So you use a scalpel... What kind of blade I'm on about my 4th choice of craft knife which I'm still not happy with

    ReplyDelete
  15. John, this card is truly stunning! Everything about it works so well together - a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  16. John, how exquisite. Is there a tutorial for both card and box. Need to try one. Very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi John
    Fabulous card. A real statement card to stand proud on anyone's mantelpiece. I can't even begin to imagine how to make it, so I'll definitely be looking out for instructions or a demo! I'll go and check out the box on the CE blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card - luv everything about it - I must say though you lost me with the destructions!! lol xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card , any chances of the sizes John, Would really like to have a go at this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Outstanding card John, I love the frames, it's a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very clever piece of engineering John and the stamps work so well as a frame. really nice, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  22. Hi John, This is an awesome card!!!! Is there a tutorial on this card?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi John what a wonderful looking card x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi John what a wonderful looking card x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love, love it. Where can I get the dimensions for this particular card?

    ReplyDelete